Message sent from:


What to do if you are concerned about the welfare of a child.

A child is in immediate danger. What should I do?

If a child is in immediate danger, do not hesitate to call 999 and report your concern to the police.

Are you concerned about the safety or welfare of a child?

You don’t need to know everything about the child before contacting Children’s Services. If you are concerned about the welfare of a child, it is important that you talk to someone about this.

Contact Children’s Services on 0300 555 1384

Are you concerned about someone working with children?

If you are concerned about the conduct of a member of staff, either in a paid or voluntary capacity, contact the Local Area Designated Officer (LADO).

Contact the LADO on 01962 876 364

Do you work in the community?

If your job involves entering and working in people’s homes and something concerns you about a child, contact Children’s Services.

Contact Children’s Services on 0300 555 1384 (out of hours – 0300 555 1373)

Early Help

Please watch the video on the right to find out more about Early Help.  

Early Help services in Hampshire

The Family Support Service (FSS) coordinates the early help offering for Hampshire families with children and young people in need

The FSS supports and coordinates Hampshire service providers to ensure families can find the right help at the right time.


If you would like support then please speak to your child's class teacher.  They will be happy to discuss and support you in this matter.

Hit enter to search